[wisb] Whooping Crane #2-11 sighted in Georgia!

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:17:26 -0600

For anyone interested, I thought I would pass along that the missing
Whooping Crane (#2-11) that had previously been a part of the Operation
Migration flight training program at White River Marsh has been spotted in
northern Georgia.  This was the bird that had become separated from the
other nine members of its group on October 21, and then had subsequently
been sighted in Waushara County, WI.  It was present there until at least
November 6th.

Information and photos can be seen at:
http://operationmigration.org/Field_Journal.html

The other nine 2011 Whooping Cranes are currently with Operation Migration
in central Illinois (Piatt County).  They were held up at their previous
stopover site for a record 15 days (!), due to windy conditions and
occasional rain.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.