[wisb] White-winged Crossbills, Waukesha Co, some images...

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:58:48 -0600

Greetings,

I was planning a trip to the South Kettle Moraine this morning I hopes to
find White-winged Crossbills. As I looked out into the front yard to check
the weather, I spotted about 10+ of them in some spruce trees here in the
yard. They were working hard extracting seeds from the spruce tree cones. I
have never seen White-winged Crossbills in the yard before, it was a nice
surprise.

I did get a few images to share. If you care to view them use the link
below:

*
https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/WhiteWingedCrossbillsWaukeshaCo2152012
*