[wisb] Western Kingbird at Warnimont Park in Cudahy WI 11/3/15 some images...

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:27:39 -0600

Hi all,
I headed to Warnimont Park early this morning in hopes to see the recently
reported Western Kingbird. I arrived just after sunrise and David F was
doing some looking around for the bird. Judith and Rita arrived shortly
there after. We all looked the bluff over well and parts of the golf course
too. After about 30 minutes I spotted the Western Kingbird coming from the
bluff off the east end of the parking lot. From there the bird continually
forged on the bluff edge and the golf course. The bird appeared to find
many insects to eat with the warm weather. It gave nice views to many
birders that came and went in the couple hours I was present. At one point
the bird regurgitated some berries which was interesting. The bird mostly
hung around the area from the old gun club building to the parking lot on
the north end of the golf course. This bird is said to be a different
Western Kingbird than the one that most of us saw at the Milwaukee
Community Garden in mid October. Thanks to Bill M for finding this uncommon
visitor for the state and getting the word out for others to see. Thanks to
Jen too for her great post and to who gave updates on this bird yesterday.

Link to some of the images from early this morning of the Western Kingbird:

http://www.windowtowildlife.com/western-kingbird-at-warnimont-park-in-cudahy-wisconsin-on-november-3-2015/

Thanks and good birding,

Jim Edlhuber
Town of Genesee Waukesha Co.