[wisb] Western Grebe - Rainbow Flowage (Oneida Co.)

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 19:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

On the way back from the WBCI meeting, I stopped by the Rainbow Flowage -- the
drawdown has created some nice habitat.
The highlight was a WESTERN GREBE which I first spotted as a near-silhouette to
the west of the point with the shorebirds accessed from Oxbow Rd, but I later
was able to spot the grebe in better light scoping from the erosion overlook on
Rainbow Drive.

Other birds of interest:

40 American Golden-Plover
35 Black-bellied Plover