[wisb] Warbler novice requests help

  • From: Marge Anderson <manderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:58:44 -0500

Hi all:
The tree outside my office is full of warblers (over 20!), my iBird Explorer
only has warblers in spring plumage, all of my good field guides are at home.
Could anyone help with:

drab back, head, tail overall
dark eye line through eye, all the way through to beak
no eye ring
two very faint light wing bars
light throat/chest with faint drab streaking
faint yellow wash under tail
lots of tail wagging

These little guys were traveling with a few phoebes.

Thanks for the help!

Marge Anderson, Dane (and Vilas) County