[wisb] WREN Oshkosh

  • From: Clark Lindo <clarklindo19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:02:01 -0600

I had a wren visit my house in Oshkosh on the NE side off of Murdock
ave.  As a typical wren, it flitted here and there soon out of sight
before I had chance to take a picture or glass it.  Though it was only
ten feet from me, I could notice few distinct markings other than it
perched horizontally and its tail the length of its body was vertical.
Its size was slightly smaller than a House Sparrow.  My first impression
was a House Wren, lack of distinct White eye line from the Carolina I
would expect this time of year, and from its size.  However I don't know
why a House Wren would be here in winter.  The tail and size definitely
ruled out Winter Wren.  The other species I've never seen in the city.
So for now just a Wren.  Hopefully it will return for a better look.