[wisb] Vilas County birds

  • From: "Steve and Evie Fisher" <fisher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 08:34:43 -0500

  At our cabin in northern Vilas County this weekend:

*      a pair of Eastern Phoebes (probably the same pair that built their
nest last year under the eaves of the porch)

*      one singing male Yellow-rumped Warbler

*      several White-throated Sparrows singing late down in the bog

*      flyovers of three Bald Eagles, two mature, one immature

*      a pair each of White-breasted and Red-breasted Nuthatches

*      a pair of robins working on their nest outside the north window

*      a pair of Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers working on their cavity nest in
the same dead tree as last year

*      one Barred Owl, at first calling from several hundred yards away near
the bog, then from a nearby tree

*      Woodpeckers - two  Pileated, two Downy, one Hairy

*      One Common Loon calling briefly from the nearby lake

Steve Fisher

Wausau, Marathon County

"If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

    Charles  A. Lindbergh

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

    Louis Pasteur