[wisb] Vernon Marsh -Waukesha Co.

  • From: steven lubahn <stevenlubahn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:37:17 -0500

After reading Thomas Mertins report, I travelled to Vernon Marsh this afternoon
to see some shorebirds.

I wasn't disappointed. The most common shorebird was Solitary Sandpiper
(conservative estimate being at least 50), then dozens of Least Sandpipers
along with several L. Yellowlegs, a couple G. yellowlegs, Pectoral sandpiper,
Killdeer and 8 Stilt Sandpipers.

I counted no more than 100 Pelicans in the air at one time but there were
probably many more. It was also nice to see so many Black Terns in the marsh.

This place holds real potential in the weeks to come.

-Steven Lubahn
Cudahy