[wisb] Vermillion Flycatcher - Yes/ Horicon Owls - No and Yes

  • From: Team Kramer <eakbirdink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:44:30 -0600

We arrived at Muskrat Lake by the intersection of Wallin Rd and
Stebbinsville Rd at 1332 hrs. We found the Vermillion Flycatcher at 1356,
easily within binocular range. It was about halfway between the road and
the lake on the east side of the tree line. By the time we left he had
worked his way down the tree line until he was in a downed tree that hung
out over the water and was still there when we left at 1440.  :D
NOTE TO THE MAN FROM MILWAUKEE: We found the other glove! We will forward
it to you if you give us an address... lol   Thank you very much for
sharing your scope.

We also stopped at Horicon Marsh NWA arriving at about 1620 hrs. We were
hoping to find the Snowy Owls that were reportedly at Dike Rd but only
found one Short-Eared Owl who landed in the road in front of us and was
easily identified in the headlights.... it was quite dark by this time....

Isaac and Elliot Kramer, Appleton, Outagamie County