[wisb] Re: Vermilion Flycatcher: YES/Rock County

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:24:16 -0600

I arrived at about 9:30 A.M. and was joined by Mark a little while later. We
had no action until about 1150, when Dwight Alton spotted it very
close to the road in the southernmost clump of trees and downed limbs. I
stayed until 12:45 and viewing opportunities kept increasing. Tom Schultz's
early sighting notwithstanding, it seems midday might be the best time to
see this bird. The higher sun may be raising more insects for it to chase.
Warmer temperatures this weekend may make for some exciting opportunities
for those who haven't seen it, or like me weren't satisfied with their first
sighting 1/4 to 1/2 mile away!

Thomas C Wood,Menomonee Falls,Waukesha County

From: "Daryl Christensen" <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: wisbirdn-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:18:17
To: Wisbird<wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wisb] Vermilion Flycatcher: YES

Tom Schultz just called and said he had great views of the Vermilion
Flycatcher early this morning (Friday) at Muskrat Lake. It is close to the
road.
-Daryl Christensen
 Marquette co.

-----