[wisb] University Bay Buffleheads

  • From: JAMES F SCHWARZ <jfschwar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:40:40 -0500

Just want to report a bird that I am certain of.
There were Buffleheads at University Bay this morning.
The first I have seen since spring.

Also seems like Tree Swallows are making a big push through the area.
There were about 200 visable near University Bay and about 300 at the
west side of Lake Mendota. Wonder what the total number of Tree
Swallows there are flying over the lake? Also wonder if Lake Monona has
large numbers of swallows. Unfortunately, I don't have time to check today.

Jim Schwarz
Madison, Dane Co