[wisb] Re: URGENT: Christmas Bird Count Compilers Needed

  • From: bduerksen@xxxxxxx
  • To: kyle.lindemer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 11:34:58 -0600

Hi Kyle,
This is from an announcement in an email from Ben Johnston, who does the
La Farge count:

Upper Kickapoo Valley (Norwalk-Wilton-Ontario) Sunday Dec 20th

That's second-hand news, but Ben knows Eric Epstein well, and I assume
it's accurate.

--Barbara Duerksen

Richland County

On 2015-11-23 08:58, Kyle Lindemer wrote:

Hello,
There are still several Christmas Bird Count circles that do not have a
compiler for this year. Many are in prime birding locations and are at
risk of not having a CBC completed for the first time in decades.
Birchwood, Hartford, Hustisford, Lake Geneva, and Meadow Valley are all in
need of compilers.

Also, I still need dates for about half of the counts so I can update WSO
site. http://wsobirds.org/christmas-bird-count [1] If you are a compiler, or
know the dates, please send those to me.

Finally, if you are interested in helping out with a Christmas Bird Count,
please contact the compiler from the link above. You can count birds at
your feeder from the comfort of your own home, spend a few hours in the
field, or make a day of it by owling predawn and spending the rest of the
day in the field.

Links:
------
[1] http://wsobirds.org/christmas-bird-count