[wisb] Re: Two Thumbs Up for "The Big Year"!

  • From: Marge Anderson <manderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:26:44 -0500

I loved it. The theatre was empty, but it was Sunday night, and the other 10
theatres were empty, too (even Footloose!) as Wisconsinites everywhere sat down
to watch the Brewers lose the game.

Two minor issues around authenticity.  First, the Hollywood wardrobe people
obviously couldn't deal with the drab monotony of birder gear, so tricked out
Owen Wilson in lagoon blue, lime green, and red. And both Steve Martin and Owen
Wilson sported nearly brimless fedoras, even on the pelagic trip.

Second, a Great Gray Owl in Virginia?

My favorite scene was the Alaska scene with different bird species written all
over the landscape - just what it feels like on a really birdy day in a great
habitat.

Marge Anderson
Dane (and Vilas) County