[wisb] Re: Two Thumbs Up for "The Big Year"!

  • From: Brian Doverspike <briandoverspike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:35:19 -0500

Becky and I saw "The Big Year" last night and echo all the reviews that have
been given here to date.  We completely enjoyed the movie and would recommend
it to everyone.  That being said, we agree with the Reels that it will not be
long for the big screen.  Birding is something you either get or you don't.  If
you don't get birding I think you give the movie a pass, at least in the
theater.  It was a Sunday night and in Portage, so not a great test, but there
were only two other people at the movie with us.

Sightings at the feeders today include a Fox Sparrow (1st ever seen in the
yard), the first two Dark-eyed Juncos of the fall, and a male Purple Finch (we
have seen a female here before but never a male).  The feeders are  very active
today.

Brian Doverspike and Becky Anderson
Pardeeville, Columbia County