[wisb] Three Vireo Species, Door Co

  • From: "Charles Peterson" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "door county birding" <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 14:27:54 -0500

I birded this morning in and around Blossomburg Cemetery in Peninsula State
Park. Not many species, but some fair numbers for several:  Junco, 50+,
Yellow-rumped Warbler, 30+, White-crowned Sparrow, 75+. But the highlight was
the three Vireo species I saw at the back end of the Cemetery: A singing
BLUE-HEADED VIREO, which sang off and on for 20 minutes, a PHILADELPHIA VIREO,
and a RED-EYED VIREO.
As of yesterday, Black-bellied Plovers (up to 30, more or less) and a few
American Golden-Plovers, are still being seen at North Bay, off Hwy Q, northern
Door Co.

Sue Peterson
Ephraim
Door Co.