[wisb] Re: TOSO (Portage Co.)

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Alyssa DeRubeis <tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:48:09 -0600

Speaking of Townsend's Solitaires, while out CBCing today, I was wondering
about all the cedar trees along the Mississippi River. Has anyone ever checked
the cedar groves for wintering Solitaires?   I recall seeing a post on IA-bird
a few weeks back about someone finding half a dozen Solitaires on the Iowa side
of the river near Prairie Du Chien.  It seems logical that they would be on the
WI side as well considering all the good habitat there.
Thoughts?

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)