[wisb] Spring Birding RFI

  • From: Max Witynski <birdmax922@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:10:48 -0500

Wisbirders:
Below is a list of fairly easy Wisconsin spring birds that I have yet to add
either to my state* or life list.  Any information you could give me on
where, when, and how to find them would be greatly appreciated, the more
detailed and specific, the better.  For Yellow-throated Warbler, I know
Wyalusing is good, but does anyone know where specifically in the park?
Also, I read in Haunts that Comstock Bog is or was good for Yellow Rail.
Does anyone who's been there know when they normally are well established on
the marsh and what conditions are like for hiking if I were to plan a trip
there?  Locations closer to Madison are better for me, although I know
species like Whimbrel are hard to find away from Lake Michigan.  Thanks in
advance for your help.

Connecticut Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Kentucky Warbler