[wisb] Re: "Spark bird" what's yours?

  • From: David Flores <flores.david84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pready@xxxxxxx" <pready@xxxxxxx>, "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:57:26 -0800 (PST)

It's hard to say, because I have a spark bird or two every year now. This has
lead to me reading and re-reading my Peterson's or after reading a post on the
list serve, going to the web and reading about that bird,. Warblers, in
general, are the spark bird, which has kept me engaged in birding as an adult.
Having a bit of knowledge and noticing something so beautiful that passes by,
without most ever knowing, is like having a secret, but this one you can tell
who ever will listen.
But, I have to say, that going way back, I'd have to say that bluejays are
my ultimate spark bird. I can remember seeing these big boisterous blue
bold birds (now how's that for alliteration- quite unintentional, until I added
bold) every summer when my parents would take us camping. I still think of
camping with my family when I hear a blue bird squawk.
David Flores
S.Milwaukee

"Many photographers think they are photographing nature, when they are only
caricaturing her" Ralph Waldo Emerson