[wisb] Re: Spark Bird

  • From: Emily Wilson <emily_howe_wilson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:12:56 -0800 (PST)

Thirty-three years ago in the Everglades we saw a large white blob in a tree,
which we identified as a White Pelican.  It just sat there.  The branch drooped
lower and lower to the water.  Eventually a smaller white blob sploshed from
the pelican into the water.  Thus relieved of some weight, the branch sprang
back up, pelican and all.  And the whole process started over...
This showed us that there were actually birds large enough to see, and that
they could actually stay still long enough to see.  It also started the first
of my husband's many lists, the Poop List.

Emily Wilson
emily_howe_wilson@xxxxxxxxx