[wisb] Snow Goose and Cackling Geese (Portage Co.), Dane Co. finds

  • From: tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 22:58:39 +0000 (UTC)

My boyfriend and I observed a white-phase Snow Goose and a pair of Cackling
Geese in Plover at 5pm today. The geese were in the ponds behind (south of)
Best Buy, and on the east side of Highway 51/39. I believe this is the 66 West
exit.
While in Madison this weekend, we visited Pheasant Branch Conservatory. Only
notable birds included a late pair of Indigo Buntings and a Tufted Titmouse. By
University Bay (Lake Mendota), we also saw a semi-late Osprey in addition to a
Herring Gull.

Good birdin'!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Stevens Point, Portage Co.