[wisb] Short-eared Owls at Killsnake Wildlife Area

  • From: Mike Reese <mikereese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 15:21:10 -0600

Bob Bergen and I went looking on Friday November 20 for the Short-eared
Owls that others had reported from Killsnake Wildlife Area. We got there
at 3:30 and saw 12 Northern Harriers before we saw our first two owls
engaging one of the harriers at just before 4:00. Bob got his best looks
ever at the Short-eared Owls as one flew about 40 feet directly over our
heads. Thanks again for those who posted about these owls!

Mike Reese
Waushara County