[wisb] Scissor-tailed Flycatcher-Yes

  • From: Rob Pendergast <rob121092@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 17:50:57 -0500

Joe Schaufenbuel and I saw the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher just south of the
intersection of O and E on the western side of the road perched on a fence.
I spotted the bird somewhere between 1:45-2:00 PM, we watched it for about
15 minutes as it flew from the fence to the small trees near the fence.
Other notable sightings from the day:

-25 Black-bellied Plovers, Horicon (Hwy 49)
-1 Semipalmated Plover, Horicon (Hwy 49)
-4-5 Long-billed Dowitchers, Horicon (Hwy 49)
-20+ Sanderlings, Manitowoc Impoundment
-1 Great Black-backed Gull, Sheboygan Lakefront
-Several Black Scoters and at least 1 Surf Scoter, Kewaunee Harbor

Rob Pendergast, Plover, Portage County