[wisb] Saving Our Shared Birds: PIF Tri-National Vision for Landbird Conservation

  • From: "Cutright.Noel" <Noel.Cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:29:59 -0500

FYI...  Congratulations to Partners In Flight for the release of this
important tool for conservation!

PIF is pleased to announce that "Saving Our Shared Birds: Partners in
Flight Tri-National Vision for Landbird Conservation" is now available!
Government officials, on behalf of international bird conservation
leaders from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, released the report
today at the XV Annual Trilateral Committee for Wildlife and Ecosystem
Conservation and Management meeting in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Thank you to all of you who contributed to the report's development and
communications. Particularly, thank you for the hard work and
stick-to-it-ness of the authors: Coro Arizmendi, Carol Beardmore,
Humberto Berlanga, Peter Blancher, Gregory Butcher, Andrew Couturier,
Ashley Dayer, Dean Demarest, Wendy Easton, Mary Gustafson, Eduardo
Inigo-Elias, Judith Kennedy, Elsie Krebs, Arvind Panjabi, Terry Rich,
Vicente Rodriguez Contreras, Ken Rosenberg, Janet Ruth, Eduardo Santana
Castellon, Rosa Ma Vidal, and Tom Will. And a round of applause for the
designers Susan Steiner Spear and Joanne Uy Avila.

The tri-national assessment followed PIF's process of scientific
evaluations of conservation vulnerability for 882 native landbirds to
Canada, Mexico, and the US. Please note that the results of this new
tri-national species assessment do not replace the priorities and
objectives identified previously in the 2004 PIF Landbird Conservation
Plan (Rich et al. 2004) or regional priorities in the PIF species
assessment database. The messages in this report are highly relevant to
successful conservation of all North American landbirds.

Visit www.savingoursharedbirds.org <http://www.savingoursharedbirds.org/
to learn more, download a copy, view our new PIF video, or read the
press release. Please help share the news!!

We urge you all to continue your important bird conservation work at
various scales and consider how you can take even more action for
tri-national landbird conservation.

Noel Cutright, Ozaukee County