[wisb] Saturday - Horicon, Spring Green, 9 Springs

  • From: Daniel Schneider <birdmandaniel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 23:03:08 -0500

weather and participated in the Rainforest Biodiversity Group's
Bird-a-Thon. We started at Horicon, high points were a single BLACK BELLIED
PLOVER, 2 BLACK-NECKED STILTS, and some incredible looks of at an AMERICAN
BITTERN along dike road.  The low point was our car getting sprayed by a
skunk as we tried pass on the narrow road.  Along 49 we missed the
white-faced ibis and the godwits but had 2 GLOSSY IBIS, 1 BLACK-NECKED STILT
and 1 AMERICAN AVOCET along with several of the other more common
shorebirds. Later in the day, at Spring Green we managed to find the
NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD and a total of  sparrow species.   We ended the day at
9 Springs which had nice variety of shorebirds and my FOY WILLOW
FLYCATCHER.  When all was said and done, we ended with 124 species on the
day; having found 18 shorebird but shockingly only 8 warbler species.
Good birding,

Daniel R. Schneider
Rainforest Biodiversity Group
Helping to Conserve & Protect Our Tropical Ecosystems