[wisb] Sad news from Arizona listserv

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 08:28:36 -0500

This will be of interest to those who have enjoyed the hospitality of
the Paton's yard in Patagonia, AZ:

Subject: Re: Marion Paton, Patagonia, AZ
From: Robin Baxter <baxterrobin AT HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 09:49:08 -0700

Hello all, It is with a sad heart that I inform you that Marion Paton
has left
this world. She passed away yesterday, Saturday, August 29, 2009.
Condolences
can be sent to the family at P.O. Box 887, Patagonia, AZ 85624. I will
use this
listserve as a means of keeping everyone informed as to the subsequent
accessibility of the property. Consider it open as always for the time
being.
Please do not inquire of the family as to the future of Paton Birder Haven.
Everything in its time. See ya, Robin

Me again - having just visited the Paton's residence for the first time
in July, I can attest to how wonderful a place it is.  While Mrs. Paton
no longer lived there (Robin Baxter was renting the place from her,) it
  still retained a genial, welcoming vibe. I envy those of you who were
fortunate enough to have met the Patons while they were still with us.

Peter Fissel
Madison WI