[wisb] Re: Ross's Goose in Veterans Park lagoon? (Milwaukee) YES

  • From: "Jym Mooney & Carol Lee Hopkins" <hopmoon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wisbirdn'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:37:35 -0500

Good call, Bernie.  I stopped and saw the Ross's goose this afternoon at
3:30.  In addition to the field marks noted below, the bill is bluish and
the line along the base of the bill where it meets the face is straight
vertical.  This is actually the best looking Ross's goose I have had the
pleasure to see.  No hint of a grin patch at all, so the question of a
Ross's X Snow hybrid is not so worrying.  Nice find!

Jym Mooney, Milwaukee