[wisb] Retreat CBC date-Dec 17th.

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 07:35:33 -0600

Hi everyone,
The Retreat CBC will be held Thurs, Dec 17th.

The count circle straddles the Vernon/Crawford county line and the western
border is the Mississippi River. The terrain is mostly steep, forested Coulees
and high ag field ridges. It includes a few creeks and small ponds as well as
the Genoa fish hatchery. During warm years when the river is open, we get
ducks and swans numbering in the thousands as well as high numbers of Bald
Eagles. In the protected Coulees, we sometimes find overwintering sparrows and
warblers. It's one of the better counts in western Wisconsin and is always
lots of fun!

If you would like to help out this year, please let me know!

--Chris

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland CountyZeiss Birding Pro-Staff
Co-owner/Tour LeaderNatureScape
Tourshttp://Naturescapetours.comhttps://www.facebook.com/NatureScape-Tours-738535652930908/

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)