[wisb] Re: Reporting of sensitive species (e.g., Kirtland's Warbler) in eBird

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Seth Cutright <ferruginous.hawk82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 18:51:10 -0700 (PDT)

Anything entered into eBird, whether at a personal observation or a hotspot,
will be viewable in all output. I think the only exception to this is the
(somewhat new?) "hide" function, which you can access by going to "manage my
observations", selecting a checklist, and scrolling to the bottom of the
checklist. This does effectively mark the checklist as invalid though. I think
a more useful option is just to plot something at a less precise scale (city or
county) where it can be approved as valid, but people can't zero in on the
exact location.

Nick Anich
Ashland, WI