[wisb] Regarding THAT Bird Book

  • From: "Wayne & Susie" <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:21:23 -0500

For a whole lot of reasons, I like (i.e., I still very much like) "Birds of
Minnesota and Wisconsin."

When the book first came out, I expressed my only regret: my wish that it
had been called, "Birds of Wisconsin and Minnesota."  And for folks at this
forum, the reason should be obvious.

But for the past year-and-a-half ---and especially after last night--- I'm
pleased to say that I'm perfectly happy with my copy of "Birds of Minnesota
and Wisconsin."

And how could I not be after last night?

Or do I need to spell it out:

    F lamingo
    A vocet
    V eery
    R edpoll
    E gret

#4 can still put on quite a show.

Wayne Rohde - who, despite the above, is still proud to be a WISCONSIN
birder
Walworth, WI