[wisb] Red-winged Blackbird (Waukesha Co.)

  • From: Maureen Gross <cygnusbuccinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WisBirdNet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:40:18 -0600

A male Red-winged Blackbird showed up at my feeding station during the
snow yesterday (extreme southern Waukesha Co.).  He is still here
today.  A few other birders have posted about seeing a few Red-wings
too.  Snowstorms seem to bring more birds to the feeders.  I wonder how
many other people are seeing new visitors at their feeders.  Oh yeah,
the Cooper's Hawk is showing up now too with all the  birds concentrated
at the feeders.
Maureen Gross
Mukwonago, Waukesha Co.