[wisb] Redpolls in Fox Point, Milwaukee County

  • From: "Carl Schwartz" <cschwartz3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:21:42 -0600

I added to my feeding array a very nice copper mesh Niger feeder a week ago (a
Christmas present from a nephew) and was rewarded with a flock of Pine Siskins;
watching them today, I noticed they had been joined by at least 4 Common
Redpolls. That's a new species for my yard list, here along a ravine that
spills into Lake Michigan.
Carl Schwartz
Coordinator, Bird City Wisconsin
http://www.birdcitywisconsin.org
7239 N. Barnett Lane  (north of Green Tree Rd., east of Lake Dr.)
Fox Point, WI 53217-3610
Milwaukee County
414-416-3272
cschwartz3@xxxxxxxxx