[wisb] Red-Headed WP resighted - YAY!

  • From: Bill Krouse <bkrouse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birding, Network of Wisconsin" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:31:39 -0500

Well, I came home from work yesterday, kind of dejected. A Red Headed WP in my own yard, and I was stuck at work. Bummer!

So while I was waiting for Sarah to return home from Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, where she birded yesterday afternoon without me (again - BUMMER!), I was filling bird feeders and bird baths. Picture me doing this task with a big, pouting bottom lip sticking out. I had just put out more grape jelly, when I walked out the patio door to hang fresh suet and a red, black and white flash came off of one feeder!!!! (Peanuts and Black Oil Sunflower seeds, with a little Saflower thrown in)
I quickly hung the suet and went back inside to watch. BINGO!!

Our little red headed buddy was back!! And this time I got to see him!!

My bottom lip sucked in and a grin spread accross my face. Sarah returned home and we went birding at Barkhausen WP. It was a good day after all. :-)

Now, if I can hust figure out a way to get a Kirtlands Warbler to stop off in my yard? LOL!

Good birding everyone!

Bill Krouse
Suamico, Brown County, WI

Ask me how to adopt a Greyhound or Borzoi!
http://www.gpawisconsin.org/
http://www.nbrf.info/
http://www.NoWisconsinPuppyMills.org

Quoting Bill Krouse <bkrouse@xxxxxxxxxx>:

  Bill told me the photos did not go through, and that I am not
supposed to attach anyway (sorry!).

  So here are links to the photos on Photobucket:

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/sighthound4me/?action=view&current=DSCF3809.jpg[1]

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/sighthound4me/?action=view&current=DSCF3807.jpg[2]

  Sarah (not Bill) Krouse
Suamico, Brown County, WI

Ask me how to adopt a Greyhound or Borzoi!
http://www.gpawisconsin.org/[3]
http://www.nbrf.info/[4]
http://www.NoWisconsinPuppyMills.org[5]

Links:
------
[1]
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/sighthound4me/?action=view&current=DSCF3809.jpg
[2]
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/sighthound4me/?action=view&current=DSCF3807.jpg
[3] http://www.gpawisconsin.org/
[4] http://www.nbrf.info/
[5] http://www.nowisconsinpuppymills.org/

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.