[wisb] Re: Red Phalarope-Racine Co.still present Tuesday

  • From: Jerry <jerry937975@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 13:27:09 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to Jenny's observation and directions, I was able to see the Wind Point
red phalarope on Tuesday morning just north of the lighthouse anywhere from 100
to 300 yards. Though it was usually swimming about 50 yards from shore, it
occasionally flew and then fed nearly on the beach.  With the strong south
winds that area of the lake was a bit more tame and I suspect is the reason the
phalarope was hanging out there.

Jerry DeBoer
Central Racine County