[wisb] Racine Co. Wind Point Birds and Bird Walks...

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <miloloki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:35:31 -0500

Hi All,

A few Hoyers birded Wind Point today with a nice variety of migrants
coming through. Highlights were RUSTY BLACKBIRDS, PINE SISKINS, SNOW
BUNTINGS, and a BLACK SCOTER. Not much in terms of migrating waterfowl
yet. I've attached the ebird list of the walk below.

Hoy Audubon Society is having our annual lakefront bird walks Saturdays,
including tomorrow, Oct. 29th, Nov. 5th, and Nov. 12th to look for more
migrants. Meet at the Shoop Golf Course parking lot south of the Wind
Point Lighthouse in Racine at 9am and we'll check the lake for waterfowl
and the wooded area along the lakefront for migrants! Come on along!
It'll be fun!

Jenny Wenzel
Hoy Audubon Society
Racine Co.

Wind Point (Lighthouse&  Shoop Park), Racine, US-WI
Oct 28, 2011 8:10 AM - 11:10 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Birding from Shoop Park along the lake to the Wind Point
Lighthouse and back.
34 species

Canada Goose  15
American Black Duck  5