[wisb] Re: RFI:Finch ID

  • From: Karen Etter Hale <chimneyswift1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 21:31:52 -0600

And once you have these two figured out, try going out to Boulder,
Colorado (or other western states) where they have Cassin's Finches.
These and House Finches were coming to my cousin, Susan's, feeders, and
I was having a heck of a time distinguishing the two. Susan didn't have
any trouble with those, but told me she wasn't at all sure about telling
Purple Finches when they showed up. Which I thought were easy to id.

Karen Etter Hale
Lake Mills
Northwest Jefferson Co.