[wisb] Re: RFI Attracting Pileated WPs

  • From: Mary Strasser <mrstrass@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gowildwithbirds@xxxxxxxxx>, <wbuwausau@xxxxxxxxx>, Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pat Ready <pready@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:40:33 -0500

I have a female pileated that visits my large tail-prop suet feeder which I
suspend from an arm of my feeder post set-up from the local Wild Birds
Unlimited store.  On occasion, I've also seen both male and female pileateds
using my tubular mesh peanut feeders.  My yard is quite wooded and is adjacent
to wooded green space that surrounds the neighborhood here.

Mary Strasser in Onalaska, La Crosse County