[wisb] Prairie Warbler "Samples" Black-thr Green Song Again!

  • From: Andrea Szymczak <harrierhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 06:14:19 -0500

While the typical song is still predominantly what he is singing, just like
last year, the Prairie Warbler at the Scuppernong Ski Trails in Waukesha Co.
has begun to add various elements of Black-thr Green Warbler (which are common
at these trails) song into his personal repertoire!  I listened to him alter
his song as he sang & foraged above me early this morning.  The song is always
at least a little "off", if not noticeably different.
Would be interested to learn if others have heard this yet?
Andrea Szymczak
Waukesha, WI