[wisb] Picnic Point this am

  • From: Kim Kreitinger <k.kreitinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:36:51 -0500

I birded Picnic Point this morning and was able to find a large feeding
flock on the paved trail to Biocore Prairie. There were Tennessee Warblers
everywhere, so many it was hard to pick through them to find other species.
But there also were a number of American Redstarts and Nashville Warblers, 2
Golden-winged Warblers, 1 Blue-winged Warbler, 1 Blackburnian Warbler, and a
probable Bay-breasted. Mixed in were several Rose-breasted Grosbeaks,
Catbirds, Eastern Wood-Pewees, Baltimore Orioles, White-breasted Nuthatches,
and Downy, Hairy, and Red-bellied Woodpeckers.
I also stopped at Lake Farm County park. Not a lot happening there, except
for the mosquitoes.

Kim Kreitinger
Madison, WI