[wisb] Photos of Lesser Black-backed Gull - Ashland

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 21:16:39 -0600

I stopped at Maslowski Beach in Ashland (Ashland Co.) on Wednesday to look for
Daryl's Arctic Tern and Lesser Black-backed Gull.  Didn't see the tern but
found a Lesser Black-backed.  Thought it was Daryl's bird but his was an adult
and mine was not.  This was only my third in the Chequ Bay area and first in
Ashland County.

Six photos here:
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/lbbg2009

Two of the best:
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/112784286
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/112784294

Also had 15+ Sanderlings, 1 White-rumped Sandpiper, and 2 Hudsonian Godwits on
the bay today.

Ryan Brady
Grand View, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady####################