[wisb] Palmyra West CBC Area

  • From: "Cynthia Bridge" <cynthiabridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 20:32:58 -0600

Today 4 hardy birders including Tim and Ed Hahn, Peter Bridge and myself,
birded 12+ hours, 5:10 a.m to 6:26 p.m., owling on both ends of the count
for the Palmyra CBC.  Our area was centered on Bluff Creek SWA in Walworth
Co.  Species total: 29. Highlights included 1 NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL, 2
EASTERN SCREECH OWLS (1 heard, 1 seen/heard), 1 BARRED OWL, 6 WHITE-WINGED
CROSSBILLS, 3 COMMON REDPOLLS, 1 HERMIT THRUSH, 4 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, 2
BROWN-HEADED COWBIRDS and 1 GREAT BLUE HERON.  Our area actually turned up 2
BARRED OWLS as Quentin Yoerger had one in a section of our area where we had
not recorded one being seen.

Great day of birding,

Cynthia Bridge

Fort Atkinson, WI