[wisb] Re: Painted bunting - Madison SW side area

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 19:43:17 -0600

The observer, Steve Schmikla, emailed me his photo of the bird, which was seen
only briefly this morning.  The image can now be viewed on the WI eBird Flickr
page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32706210@N05/5681789821/in/pool-wisconsinebird

His note to me:  "This morning at our house in Fitchburg, Wisconsin I was able
to observe and take a couple photos of a Painted Bunting ... I spotted the bird
at 8:00 a.m. for about 6 minutes. I have attached a couple pics ... I took the
pics out my front window, wanted to take more, but the bird was easily spooked.
  Thanks.   Steve Schmikla"

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady