[wisb] Out-of-state sighting, RB Grosbeak, Oshkosh

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 00:00:53 -0800 (PST)

   Hi folks --  Briefly,  my brother John got back from his land up in northern
Minnesota,
where he has been for the last 2 months, working on his cabin and hiking and
ice-fishing,
and keeping notes on bird sightings just for me.  One of his birds he had near
his land shocked not
only him, but myself as well was a Rose-breasted Grosbeak.  Don't worry,  he
knows his birds, too.
He described it well and he knows they're a summer bird resident to those
parts.  SO, just to
add to our odd array of weird out-of-date sightings in the midwest/Wisconsin,
he had this one
waaaay up north. He also reported ravens, gray jays, GH  and Barred Owls.
 Pileated W'peckers
and Evening Grosbeaks, were among his notable sightings.
     Paul  Bruce