[wisb] Re: Out of state: ABA blog report on the Hooded Crane in TN

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <reillyhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:53:00 -0600

Sharon and all,
From what I understand, all known captive Hooded Cranes have been accounted
for. Therefore, the only options are: legitimate vagrant or escaped from a
black market dealer. This will be the decision the NERC and TNRC need to make.

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Interpretive Naturalist Mississippi
Explorer Cruises
http://mississippiexplorer.com/chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.nabirding.com/http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)