[wisb] Re: No Nelson's Sparrows Reported

  • From: "Korducki" <korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:09:27 -0500

Tom Wood found one over the weekend at Harrington Beach State Park in
Ozaukee Co.  It was seen a brushy area-out of habitat per Tom in his report
to the WSO Hotline.  When the Milwaukee Coast Guard Impoundment and Harbor
Island were good, this species usually showed up around September 12th with
a peak around the 25th.  A few birds remained into early October.  Our
traditional haunts are no longer productive for this bird and Nine Springs
has been the best location in recent years.  I would think with a slightly
later migration this year then this week would still be a good time to check
Nine Springs.

Mark Korducki, New Berlin