[wisb] More on Cuckoos

  • From: "Daryl & Sherry Christensen" <gr8fish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:38:32 -0500

John I. makes a great point. Caterpillars are abundant at Baxter's Hollow this
year and so are yellow-billed cuckoos (also a few black-billed). Whenever we
have an infestation of tent or other leaf-eating caterpillars in Marquette
County, cuckoos are abundant. In years when caterpillar numbers are low,
cuckoos are pretty mucy non-existant.
-Daryl Christensen
Marquette co.
Daryl and/or Sherry Christensen
www.darylchristensen.com
www.marquettecountyguide.com
"There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds. There is
something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature - the assurance
that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter."
-Rachel Carson