[wisb] More Portage Co. stuff

  • From: tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:11:46 +0000 (UTC)

After I saw and heard the Townsend's Solitaire, Joe Schaufenbuel and I did a
little more birding in Portage County. Nothing quite as cool as the solitaire,
but some nice winter birds included:
-Rough-legged Hawk (dark-morph, BVG)

-American Kestrel (male, BVG)

-Ring-necked Pheasant (male, LC, possible escapee)

-Northern Shrike (LC)

-Tufted Titmice (2, possibly 3, at same location as CBC observations.
Back-channel me for more details)

-Northern Cardinals (14 at a feeder east of BVG)

-Lapland Longspurs (several heard flying over at BVG)

-Snow Buntings (10, BVG)

-Pine Siskins (<10, titmice location)

28 species overall.

Good birding,