[wisb] Mockingbird (Milwaukee) and House Sparrow behavior

  • From: Tim Vargo <tvargo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:20:46 -0500

Had a great look at a Northern Mockingbird along the trees on the east side of
the band shell in Washington Park (Milwaukee) this morning, while listening to
a yellow-throated vireo.

Also been observing that house sparrows seem to like to hang out on the trunks
of trees (lower 3 feet or so) pretty regularly in the park.  Never see them do
that anywhere else.  Not sure if they finding insects, or using it as a
lookout, but when I see them my first thought is always Brown Creeper.