[wisb] Re: Milwaukee Lakefront

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 18:21:59 -0600

The Purple Sandpiper was less cooperative today , foraging in the pile of
algae just north of its usual feeding area in the mussels. It would come
into
view only occasionally, prefering to stay near the water out of view most of
the time. Thanks to Jim Frank for directing me to this location.
Also interesting along the lakefront was a Snowy Owl resting on the piers of
the South Shore Marina. It was way in the back, sometimes obscured
by the poles holding the life preservers or blending into the white
electrical? boxes. Thanks to Greg Howard for spotting this bird.

Thomas Wood,Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County