[wisb] Milaukee yesterday A Scaup, lesser or Greater ??? I have the link to a very clear photo of her

  • From: bill askme <faithful_falcon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:05:28 -0800 (PST)

Yesterday, I went to the Milwaukee Lake front to enjoy the day, the ducks and
the many shore birds. I came upon a bird that I am certain is a Scaup, and I
believe to be a Greater, but am asking for confirmation from anyone who has
more knowledge of ducks then me. Which quite frankly is probably the vast
majority of those who post here.

This is the link to my best photo of her, I am confident when the right one of
you sees it you will either confirm my thoughts or tell me it is a lessor. The
detail is such that anyone with the knowledge will be able to tell.

http://www.capturewisconsin.com/photos/565714

Thanks to each and everyone of you who come to my aid.  By the way, there were
roughly a dozen of  these in the harbor yesterday, she was the only one on
land.

Anyone wishing her exact location need only ask.

William Joers
Colgate Wisconsin
Washington County