[wisb] Lots of birds at Lake Park Milwaukee

  • From: Paul Sparks <paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:08:33 -0500

I headed out to Lake Park this morning after seeing lots of birds in my
backyard. I had Dark-eyed Juncos, Gray Catbird, White-throated Sparrows,
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Red-bellied Woodpecker, and a couple unidentified
warblers before I even left the house. At Lake Park, there were birds
everywhere. Lots of Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Palm
Warblers, a few Black-throated Green Warblers and American Redstarts. Also
had a Magnolia Warbler, Nashville Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, and Common
Yellowthroat. At one point on the bridge by Lake Park Bistro, I had so many
birds around me I couldn't keep track of them all. There were warblers and
one Red-eyed Vireo bathing in the puddles on the bridge. And I had a
Black-throated Green land five feet from me and stayed while I got some
photos. I saw one Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Downy Woodpecker, Flicker, and
both Nuthatches. I also saw a few wrens but couldn't ID them. I did have one
Hermit Thrush. And right before I left I had a Red-tailed Hawk land in a
tree near the bridge by Lake Park Bistro. When I got home I checked the
backyard and had a Northern Waterthrush feeding in the creek. All in all, a
pretty good day.
Paul Sparks
Glendale, Milwaukee County